A Night in London

, ,
Only have a night in London? Don't worry, you can still check out many of the major tourist attractions at night. The plus side? No crowds and a different view that what you typically see!

I was in London briefly for a conference and only had a few free hours after dark to go sightseeing. Below are the places I visited.

1. Buckingham Palace
Although you won't get to see the changing of the guards, the palace is well-light and looks lovely at night.
2. Big Ben
It was difficult to capture in photographs, but the illuminated faces of Big Ben are a very nice sight.
3. Palace of Westminster
4. Westminster Abbey
5. Wander the Streets
I did a lot of general wandering between tourist attractions. So many of the buildings look spectacular at night.
6. Red Telephone Box
While wandering the streets, you are sure to come across an iconic red telephone box. I feel like no trip to London is complete without a photo with one.
7. Platform 9 3/4 -- King's Cross
If you are a Harry Potter fan then you do not want to miss a visit to Platform 9 3/4, located inside King's Cross Station. The station is open until the last train. I stopped by a little after midnight. During the day there is typically a long line to get your photo taken. On this night, there were two other people besides myself.
There are many other attractions, such as Tower Bridge and St Paul's Cathedral, which I would have loved to see if I had more time.